Getting the most out of your Orlando Upgrade: Top Five Favorites
This Ferrari has new Features, Let’s see what this baby can do!
ServiceNow is constantly innovating and as the leader in Service management solutions it’s only expected that these improvements will continue to dramatically shift the way teams are leveraging the platform.
Orlando is one of the most dynamic shifts we’ve seen. This leads to meaningful outcomes in employee experience and the effectiveness of our Service Management Teams.
Top Five Favorites from the Orlando Release
- ITSM (sorry, couldn’t pick just one item from this module)
- Agent Affinity
- In Orlando an agent can be assigned work based upon an agent's work history, or related tasks.
- In CSM agent affinity can be based upon the agent's responsibility or role in the account team.
- This ensures that the right incident or case is assigned to the correct agent which leads to faster response time and resolution.
- Customer Service Management Enhancements
- Customer Project Management - allow customers to request and interact with Problem Management functions
- External user approval for change and request records - just as it sounds, customers can now approve records just as internal managers could in prior versions.
- Proactive Customer Service Operations - track you customers’ digital services (install base) and proactively create cases to notify them of any interruptions detected.
- Agent Workspace Upgrades
- New search categories on Incident Agent Assist - modify contextual search options to increase returns in Agent Assist
- Track Interaction Management time - since SLA’s cannot be associated with interaction records out of the box, time management fields run on each interaction.
- Ribbon configuration - in CSM Agent Workspace the ribbon can be modified to show information that is relevant for you customer bases.
- New features with Cloning
- Create profiles which act as clone templates
- Preserve local update sets which are In Progress (how long have we screamed for this feature?)
- Schedule clones Weekly, Bi-Weekly, or Monthly (as long as we can preserve update sets there is not a reason for development freezes)
Orlando Upgrades Where to Find Best Practices
As mentioned in our last upgrade post on Virtually Going to NY, moving to a new version may seem daunting but with a well-structured upgrade and test plan there is no reason to lose sleep. Check out the Orlando Upgrade Best Practices provided by ServiceNow here.
As a boutique ServiceNow partner, RapTek is here to help you make the most out of the new features launched in Orlando. IT’S REALLY COOL STUFF. So let’s take advantage of all the Ferrari’s bells and whistles.
Feel free to reach out to email@example.com for an initial discussion!