Community is at the core of Raptek, and hosting Tuesday’s Run on May 2nd (our annual virtual charity run/walk) is just one of the ways we like to give back in the communities where our customers and employees reside. Given the current “virtual” time that we’re in, we saw many leverage the event as a good team building activity and the overall turnout from customers, partners, colleagues, friends and family was impressive!
Check out a few of these smiling faces and many more here (see, running isn’t so bad after all)!
Similar to last year, 100% of the event registration and any additional donations which totaled $5900.00 this year went directly to the Children's Hospital of each participant’s choosing. This resulted in the following 17 different Children’s Hospitals across the country receiving donations:
- Baylor Scott & White McLane Children's Medical Center - TX
- Beaumont Children's - MI
- Children's Health - TX
- Children's Hospital Colorado - CO
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles - CA
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia - PA
- Children's National Hospital - Washington D.C.
- Cook Children's Medical Center - TX
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas - TX
- Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare - MN
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital - FL
- Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego - CA
- Sanford Children's Hospital - ND
Thanks to the generosity of the 111 people participating (ranging in ages 6-79 and across 12 states), we were able to surpass last year's numbers in both total runners/walkers and funds raised. We even had a new record time submitted of 23:58 for the 5k distance (which happened to be a father and daughter crossing the virtual finish line at the same time)!
Last but not least, in addition to thanking our runners/walkers, I’d like to also thank the following individuals for their continued generosity and support of this event:
- Children's Miracle Network Hospitals for managing the registrations and donations.
- ServiceNow for your support of our “ServiceNow for Good” program which this event is aligned to.
- Tanya Anderson for creating the shirt design (our awesome VP of Design)
- Bella Canvas for donating the shirts (and donating even while in the midst of shifting their entire business to produce over 100 million face covers a week in doing their part to address COVID-19)
- IndyInk for the printing (hands down the best print operation company around)
This event truly brings out the best in people and we’re already looking forward to the 3rd Annual in 2021!
-Bill Mell, CEO, Rapid Technologies
About Tuesday's Run:
Tuesday's Run is named in honor of Tuesday Whitt who lost her battle to neuroblastoma at the age of 2, and whose courageousness has inspired so many. Tuesday is the daughter of Jessica & Charley Whitt (a Rapid Technologies employee), and it's our hope through Tuesday's Run that we can significantly contribute to pediatric cancer research and improving the lives of children living with cancer.