BMC Remedy Managed Services
Since Rapid Technologies was founded in 1996, our primary focus has been to develop, implement, administer and support mission-critical Remedy software applications for our customers. This focus and commitment to our customers has enabled Rapid Technologies to become one of the premier partners with BMC Software. At the request of our customers, Rapid Technologies is able to offer a formal proposal for the ongoing development and administration of your Remedy applications.
This Managed Services offering is not designed to replace your BMC Support Contract, as you will continue to need this for obtaining patches and software upgrades, bug fixes, phone technical support…, etc. Rather, this plan has been designed so that you will have access to a senior-level Remedy technical resource. It is our intent to provide you with the highest level of support possible through this program.
- Leverage one of BMC Remedy’s top national partners for ongoing administration of your application
- Our experience: Over 500 Remedy projects completed since the company’s inception in 1996
- Each of our consultants have a minimum of 8 years experience with Remedy software development
- Support provided for the full suite of Remedy solutions, including custom applications/integrations
- Advance the use of best practices
- Accelerate project deployment
- Documentation will be provided reflecting any changes made to your Remedy applications
Overview of Remedy Managed Services:
Rapid Technologies is able to offer remote admin and development support for your Remedy applications, which may involve the following routine and non-routine Remedy administration tasks:
- Specific Remedy administration tasks provided by Rapid Technologies (administrative support requests from customers are submitted through the Rapid Technologies web-based support portal where possible):
- Application configuration such as adding categories, groups, etc
- Preventative maintenance, such as performance tuning, archiving
- Addressing reported problems by users
- Investigating and implementing application changes or customizations (depending on the scope of change/customization this may be classified as a “development” project instead of an admin function)
- Backup/restore process
- Review and apply ARS patches applicable to your applications and system.
- Review system logs.
- Provide a Remedy knowledge resource and feedback to IT and liaison for project proposals and IT tasks involving the Remedy systems.
- Monthly review meeting to go over regular changes, present project proposals and discuss development path of the system.
- Documentation of new functionality and/or maintenance requirements from changes implemented.
Rapid Technologies will provide up to a mutually agreed upon number of hours each month.
It is important to note that Remedy development projects for customers will be treated as a separate level of effort from the support described above. Examples of development projects would be upgrades/migrations or those requiring major application enhancements, customizations and new system functionality (major changes to workflow and/or involving multiple forms, etc.). Rapid Technologies will provide customers cost and time estimates for any development projects requested.
Customer shall plan for, and provide Rapid Technologies the following with respect to the Remedy support offering:
- Single point of contact to Rapid Technologies. This individual will act as the representative liaison between Rapid Technologies and Customer.
- Provide Rapid Technologies consultant remote access to the Remedy server.
- Administrator privileges for the operation system and Remedy server on the production server.
- Necessary personnel so the Rapid Technologies consultant can conduct interviews and gather data effectively.
- Customer will be responsible for maintaining the Operating System and Database and/or hardware-related installation and configuration.
- Access to Customer Systems and Network Administration personnel if required.
- Acceptance test team personnel
Each request from the Customer will be tracked and documented via the Rapid Technologies web-based support portal. Status reports will also be provided on a weekly basis. All coding and documentation will be provided to, and is the sole possession of the Customer. The customer is asked to provide specific requirements for any development or enhancements made to their system.
Please contact your Rapid Technologies account manager for additional information and pricing regarding this program. Alternatively, you may send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.